Montag, 22. Dezember 2008

The joy of creating Tsumego

.
As almost all European players I feel I lack in points of my reading ability. Therefore I do a lot of tsumego. I very much like the collections of Cho U, if you ask me he is a genius when it comes to tsumego. Especially his ability to create new tsumego out of nowhere is impressive.
Today John and I tried to do the same and I must say it was really a lot of fun and I still can't stop thinking of new problems.
Even though it is not easy to create something totally new. Here are some of my clumsy attempts. As for Johns I can't post them here without asking him first. Maybe we will see his Go-problems later.


Black to play.

This will probably go down in history as the first
not completely trivial tsumego I ever created.















Black to play.

Even though it is rather simple there might be some kyu players having trouble with this one.













White to play.

This is in my opinion the most difficult problem I created so far. White to do his best to kill the black group.

(Note: Unfortunately it turned out that there is a simple way to solve it, so don't be afraid ;) )









As I already said it was great fun to model some own tsumego and I think it can help you a lot, because you have to think about the shapes you use very carefully.
If you find some mistakes or you just want to check your solution you are welcome to leave a comment, I will happyly reply to it.

Keine Kommentare: